Adsimulo - On-line Design Application
Our new application with simulation, visualisation and IFC output file is quite revolutionary in that it enables you to potentially design the vertical transportation for a building within a few hours outputting reports on its performance, a visualisation of the elevators in use and an industry standard IFC file output BIM of the lifts ready to be inserted into the overall building BIM. We are continuing our investment in Adsimulo and are currently expanding the expert system to identify the optimum floor for a sky lobby or series of skylobbies for supertall buildings. We are also adding in the various other types of elevators and escalators in the building so that you can visualise the entire vertical transportation in operation in one model. We are also adding in all the associated information for the rest of the building design team such as structural and electrical loads.
Up until now it has not been possible to simulate the entire vertical transportation passenger traffic within a building. With our new passenger traffic simulation application called “Adsimulo” however we can now do this and with “Advisuo” you can also visualise the passenger traffic using the vertical transportation on-line.
The visual simulation can also be downloaded and recorded as a video file. Shown here is an output video of a 30 floor building with its three zones of six passenger elevators clearly depicted. The “up peak” traffic scenario with all passengers arriving at the main lobby is shown.
The virtual intending passengers change colour from green to yellow and finally to red depending on their waiting time. The visualisation tool enables the user to fly through the building observing lobbies and even travelling with passengers within the cars themselves. Because “Adsimulo” has the unique capability to view the entire building elevator traffic in operation simultaneously it makes for a great analytical tool to pinpoint “hot spots” where there might be excessive queues or extended waiting times in all types of traffic situations. This application is unique to “Adsimulo” and is already capable of handling 250 floor buildings since there is no limitation on the number of elevators that can be held within the model.
The design and specification of lift systems for large buildings is a complex process. This complexity is demonstrated by the fact that some solutions adopted in high rise buildings are considered sub-optimal. Large modern buildings often incorporate shuttle lifts that take people to a sky lobby, from which local lifts take people on to their final destination.
During the past six years we have developed an “Expert System” based upon a Building Traffic Simulator which is currently being integrated with our on-line application “Adsimulo”. The application embodies our consultant’s expertise in the form of rules together with their in-depth knowledge of lift system design. The highlights of this approach can be summarised as follows:
- On a single input screen you can set up the building tenancy type and range of floors covered as well as the target design criteria for up peak, down peak and/or lunchtime traffic. You can also input the value of each square metre of building space and the preferred arrangement for groups of elevators.
- Initiate the expert system and you get a progress bar indicating approximately how long it will take to analyse all the potential solutions. Because the “Expert System” runs hundreds of options and thousands of hours of simulation you can be certain the output is an “Optimal Elevatoring” solution tailored for your building.
- Once the application delivers the “optimal elevatoring” solution you can see the space taken by the solution as well as for other solutions found.
- Graphical output information is also available demonstrating the lift system’s performance under differing traffic situations.
- The “Advisuo” module enables a visualisation of the traffic simulation.
- A Building Information Model file for the lift solution can also be downloaded directly containing a complete and accurately dimensioned 3-D model of the lift installation that is compatible with all 3-D architectural packages and downloads in less than 60 seconds.
For more information about these new services please contact us.